Some of us like to hold off our game purchases until the publisher themselves roll out something that is extra special as part of an enticement. Take for instance, the collection of Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 titles, where if you waited long enough and played the patience card to the full, you would have been able to get the main title along with all of the other expansion sets after a while. Hence, the same logic should apply somewhat where Grand Theft Auto V is concerned, especially with the announcement of the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition and Collector’s Edition that are already available for pre-order from today onwards.
These two editions are part of a worldwide pre-order exercise at participating retailers, and in order to further sweeten the deal, folks who have decided to throw their lot behind either edition of the Grand Theft Auto V (including the Special Edition, Collector’s Edition or the standard retail edition) franchise between now and September 17th will be able to gain access to pilot the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle, which should be enticement enough. The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition will cost you $149.99, while those who want to pick up the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition will have to fork out $79.99 a pop.
- Grand Theft Auto 5 special & collectors edition pre-orders now available: $80 and $150 (9to5toys.com)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 collector’s editions detailed, priced (joystiq.com)
- Rockstar Announces ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ Special & Collector’s Editions (analogaddiction.org)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 Collector’s Editions Unveiled Starting At $79 (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Rockstar Announces Collector’s and Special Editions For Grand Theft Auto 5 (technutty.co.uk)
- Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition and Collector’s Edition Available for Pre-Order (geekoholics.com)