Today Twitter has released updated versions of its iOS and Android apps, it says that these updates make tweeting much more easier and seamless. The photos, accounts and location features have all been updated. Users will now see a full preview of a picture they are tweeting instead of a cropped one, the experience has been redesigned to make it faster for users to share photos from the camera roll. Alongside the username, user’s avatar will also be shown, tapping on which will allow users to select which account they want to tweet from, if they have multiple accounts configured. Just like before, there’s still the ability to add or remove location information in tweets from within the tweet box.
The Twitter for Android app also comes with some UI improvements. There’s a new compose window and the notification experience has been refined. Users will now be able to see the avatars of those who interact with them as well as a list of all interactions, in notifications. The compose window is no longer a pop-up, rather it is a full-screen window. The new Twitter app is now available from iTunes App Store and Google Play Store.
- Twitter supercharges tweeting on iOS and Android (news.cnet.com)
- Twitter updates mobile app with improved composer and tweet previews (slashgear.com)
- Twitter updates Android app with new Tweet composer, richer notifications, & improved photos experience (9to5google.com)
- Getting started with Twitter photo filters (reviews.cnet.com)
- Twitter for iPhone and Android get updated Tweet composer with live previews, wider timelines and expandable notifications (mobilesyrup.com)
- Twitter Updates For Even Faster Tweets – Can You Keep Up? (latinospost.com)
- PicShop is cross-platform (iOS & Android) mobile app fully… (flashdaily.net)