A pair of agumented reality glasses called the Baidu Eye boast features similar to Google Glass, according to Chinese reports. The device will reportedly feature an LCD display, voice control functions and image recognition.
It appears that Google won’t have to face the hurdle of getting its much-hyped Google Glass headsets accepted for use in China as the country’s largest search engine, Baidu, has revealed it has its own wearable gadget in development.
Called the Baidu Eye, it boasts a number of features that will sound similar to anyone who has been following news reports surrounding Google’s first foray into the wearable technology market — an LCD display, voice control functions, image recognition and bone conductive microphone and speakers.
- Market Prospects for Google Glass (theepochtimes.com)
- Epson Moverio – Google Glass Alternative (nasilemaktech.com)
- Augmented Reality Car Repair – A Google Glass App? (camicusdotorg.wordpress.com)
- Porn App Being Designed for Google Glass (Video) (hngn.com)
- Google Won’t Approve Glass Apps That Recognize People’s Faces… For Now (techcrunch.com)
- fishbat Reveals Privacy Implications of Google Glass and its Effect on Digital Landscape (prweb.com)