Have you ever wanted to open a file that you downloaded or got at one particular time but had big problems opening them? There are a lot of problems when you try to open some file compression and non-compression archived. Below are 10 Good Reasons why you need to install 7zip on your PC:
- 7-Zip supports a number of other compression and non-compression archive formats (both for packing and unpacking) including 7z, ZIP, Gzip, bzip2, xz, tar and WIM. The utility also supports unpacking APM, ARJ, CHM, cpio, DEB, FLV, JAR, LHA/LZH, LZMA, MSLZ, Office Open XML, onepkg, RAR, RPM, smzip, SWF, XAR and Z archives and CramFS, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, MBR, NTFS, SquashFS, UDF and VHD disk images.
- 7-Zip can open some MSI files, allowing access to the meta-files within along with the main contents. Some Microsoft CAB (LZX compression) and NSIS (LZMA) installer formats can be opened. Similarly, some Microsoft executable programs (.EXEs) which are self-extracting archives or otherwise contain archived content (e.g., some setup files) may be opened as archives.
- When compressing ZIP or gzip files, 7-Zip uses its own DEFLATE encoder, which may achieve higher compression, but at lower speed, than the more common zlib DEFLATE implementation. The 7-Zip deflate encoder implementation is available separately as part of the AdvanceCOMP suite of tools.
- 7-Zip supports: The 256-bit AES cipher. Encryption can be enabled for both files and the 7z directory structure. When the directory structure is encrypted, users are required to supply a password to see the filenames contained within the archive. WinZip-developed zip file AES encryption standard is also available in 7-Zip to encrypt ZIP archives with AES 256-bit, but it does not offer filename encryption as in 7z archives.
Volumes of dynamically variable sizes, allowing use for backups on removable media such as writable CDs and DVDs.
Usability as a basic orthodox file manager when used in 2-panel mode.
Multiple-core CPU threading settings can be configured.
The ability to attempt to open EXE files as archives, allowing the decompression of data from inside many “Setup” or “Installer” or “Extract” type programs without having to launch them.
- The ability to unpack archives with corrupted filenames, renaming the files as required.
The ability to create self-extracting single- (but not multi-) volume archives.
- Graphical User Interface. The Windows version comes with its own GUI, however p7zip uses the GUI of the Unix/Linux Archive Manager.
- Above all, it is free!
You can download the software here for free: DOWNLOAD